Re: OT - missing the third dimmension - not enough dsp power

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM, <rune_fagereng@yahoo.no> wrote:
> The music I make misses depth - or the third dimmension - so I use delay
>and
> reverbs to make this dimmension

Not the best choice, I would say. You should start with the
frequencies. "Paint with frequencies!" Dark sounds for background,
mood etc and bright sounds for punctuation up front. Or the other way
around; bright sound at very low volume to create "three dimensional
sonic clouds".

When that stuff works fine for you is the time to bring in reverb and
delay to sculpt the dimensions into the same directions.

> 1. Is my AD-DA converters (Motu Traveler) not good enough?

Depends on what you do. If you record to reproduce acoustic sound the
Motu may not be good enough. But if you record to make cool music the
Motu is good enough - because then you are setting your own