Re: Eventide Time Factor

From: Raul Bonell <raul.bonell@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 08:05:16 +0200
>you should consider mobius, but in sw context ;-)
>any combo DAW+mobius (i.e. plogue bidule) will give you ALL what you
>are asking for at a fraction of the price.

Evil software people may turn me yet.  ;o)

I even considered getting the Digitech GNX4 for a while.
For US$100+ more you get better amp setups.  I can theoretically plug my
mono effects chain into the mono amp/effect part of the GNX, then put
it's instrument output into the start of my stereo effects, chain, then
return the final stereo output (through a line driver) back into the GNX
line in, and run that through the 8 track recorder/looper.

If EHX were to redo the 2880, the feature list of this 8 track
recorder/looper would be a good starting point.

However there's no MIDI control over the looper, but at least you can
use a dedicated proprietry foot controller, or even use midi controller
for all the other features, and keep the GNX4 pedals for looping.
BUT... apparently the recorder/looper quality is pretty rubbish.
Which is what killed it as an option for me.

But since we're on the topic, has anyone have experience with the
Digitech GNX4... especially the 8 track recorder/looper?
It's audio quality and how well it functions?
-- G.