Re: More Tonal Theory: Arppegiators/Accent/Melody

hi Margaret,

I've used hardware to do a similar thing (delayed pitch-shift).

Here are the 2 recipes that work relatively safely within a key.

1. Normal Pitch

and then (usually 2 beats later)

2. 5 steps up

OR

1. Normal Pitch

and then

2. 7 steps up

With those, with every Mode there's only one note that
goes out of scale (for better of worse).

Those are much simpler than your patterns, but by playing through
them for a while I came across a number of nice effects.

Any more complex arrangement is always going to tend to dissonance
pretty quickly. The immediate reaction on playing through them is
of interest, but the output becomes more rigidly defined by the pattern,
and less manipulable by the player.

I'd guess that my patterns are just too simple for what you want to
achieve.

If you want to expand the theory, then how about?

"As the patterns get more complex, the result has less variety."

best regards
andy butler