Re: More Tonal Theory: Arppegiators/Accent/Melody

Rainer Straschill wrote:
>> I am having a blast with Delay/Arpeggiators in Logic.
>
> Margaret, Andy,
>
> of course, there's always the safe route of using what they call an
> intelligent pitch shifter (which transposes diatonically, i.e. a
> "step" isn't a semi-tone step, but a step in your scale). That way,
> the outcome always works in the chosen tonality,

keeping in mind that intelligent pitch shift isn't bright
enough to work on anything but a pure single note line,
so it wouldn't be suitable for a feedback loop.

yep, I forgot the whole tone and diminished scales
which are very relevant here...thanks Rainer.

A full catalogue of similarly suitable scales would be found under
the heading:-
"Messian's modes of limited transposition."

andy