Re: FRO's rig - The Wandering Madman

>it's too much for what i would consider a portable rig ...

Again I find myself posting as a luddite... whats with you guys?

You know ... 15 yrs ago this would have been thought of as an extremely efficient and portable rig.. My god every band I was in had a VAN FULL of gear!15- 20 mins setup-- nothing... More like  2 hours-setup!!!

now I know some of you will not be happy untill all your rig can be fit on an iPhone... but its becoming VERY boring on this list when almost any gear-post is met with with some quip  from a lappy guy..  "of course you could use mainstage running bidule... "

Of course we all wanna be able to jump on a plane and go to Santa Cruz (all but one at least) but sometimes I wonder... has the" market made the product" again? I cant get PAID gigs in my city now... no bands are touring, no CD´s being sold.

<WARNINGsex_in-the_city_writing_style)

"Sometimes I ask myself--- Does everything have to be in such neat and tight easy to move/manage/ and sell packages, what ever happened to the double drumkits, and walls of Marshalls, projections, horn sections, and dancing girls... is everything geared towards "150 characters of ironic self-sell ego"

DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO TWITTER?"

</danger-sex_in-the_city_writing_style)

Excuse the ramble...

although pretty, as i supose most of us addicted to gear will agree,

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094