OT: Gig Spam - Los Angeles

One last time before we hit the road today...if you can make it, that
would be cool!

*******************

Everything Bends:
An Improvisatory Evening of Demonstration Performance, and Conversation

Doors 6:30 PM / 7:00 PM Saturday, August 1st
Bandit Gallery
1549 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026

As writers and artists, we are all driven by an improvisatory impulse,
even if it is unacknowledged. However, audiences commonly focus on the
temporary and performative aspects of improvisation, not on its
limitless potential as a critical invention that provokes further
conceptual considerations.

More than just a gesture, improvisation is a sort of aesthetics of
existential responsiveness. It is process and not just result, one
that constitutes both cognitive and kinetic experience.

If indeed everything does bend, and no creation is fixed, static or
predictable, then how far can we explore and stretch the possibilities
of a practice consciously engaged with improvisation?

With Special Guests:
Douglas Kearney / Ryan Tanaka / Brian Moss /
Dennis Moser

With MC: Joe Milazzo

And Additional Installations/Performances by:
Stephen Van Dyck / Daiana Feuer /
Dennis Gonzalez & Yells At Eels

Suggested donation of $5-10 will be appreciated.

3strophe at gmail dot com

--
http://myspace.com/usrsbin
http://audiozoloft.com