regarding open letters

I've been hoping this point would be picked up on sometime during this
discussion, but here it goes....

If you have a performance/partnership/cd release/arrangement with
another person, and you're not happy with how the other individual
handled it, the easiest thing to do is to learn that some people are
like that, decide not to work with that person again, and to be more
cognizant when entering similar arrangements in the future.

That's it.

What really is the "best case scenario" result of bashing each other
in a public forum?

I've been burned a number of times in performances, cd releases, and
other musical dealings. In the world of music, many of us are misfits
in some way or another, and part of navigating a musician's life seems
to be learning how to work with or without those personalities. In
many cases I still consider individuals who 'burned' me to be friends,
and I continue to benefit from that friendship in other ways. I just
don't get in situations where they'll be able to do it to me again. If
I find I really can't stand the individual, then I don't interact with
them and (privately) warn others of my experiences.

Personally, I don't agree with everything Rick does, but I'm very
happy he's out there working tirelessly to promote other people's
music. That's a quality I don't find in many folks, and something we
need to see more of.

--
Matt Davignon
www.ribosomemusic.com