Re: OT - extracting material from CDs

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Tony K <bigtonyk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to extract materials from cds, grooves - vocals etc. I uses Ableton.

Route the CD audio through an Ableton track and hit Record. Don't forget to contact right owners for permission if you plan to use it in public.

> I have used abletons phase-plugin - but I am not happy jet.

Guess you mean Live's Phaser plug-in, cause I remember it being a bit odd (not necessarily in a bad meaning). Another good third-party phaser is Ohmforce's Mobilohm. One of the best phasers I've heard for that typical jet aircraft guitar sound (Hendrix Bold As Love is one example) is called Jet and comes with Cycling74's Pluggo. But buing Pluggo today is maybe not very wise since Cycling74 has dropped the upgrade development for that product. Audio Ease's Deep Phase Nine is also good, but you can only guy it as part of the Nautilus Bundle (which gives you also the cool granular live stretching plug-in Riverrun, that you hear a lot in film and tv scores)
http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Nautilus/NautilusMain.html
And finally, there is also good phasing provided with PhaseMistress from http://www.soundtoys.com/

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen