Re: RIP Les Paul

From: "tEd ® KiLLiAn" <tedkillian@charter.net>

> The world has lost a master.

I might prefer to think that the world GAINED a master in Les Paul... He
certainly left a lot for us to fiddle with, too.  Sad at his departure,
but
glad he stopped by on his journey.

> On Aug 13, 2009, at 9:29 AM, Daryl Shawn wrote:
>> Crap...no...we owe him so much. I'd been meaning for years to see  him
>> play at his regular gig in NYC.
>>

>http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jBD78k8tewQ7FPeiKtJbK8QPmtzAD9A23OFG0

I caught him in Mahwah, NJ back in the summer of 1984 - at a
frequently-renamed bar called McGillicuddy's on the northbound stretch of
Route 17... this was local for him of course.  Part-way through the show,
he
brought ol' Jimmy Dean up to the stage to sing a few songs with him (one
of
which I recall was a bit raunchy, a slight shock to someone who'd seen him
on TV as a kid).

He also demonstrated the Les Paulveriser towards the end of his set, and
answered questions from We The Awestruck And Unworthy after the show.
Really nice fellow too.  Didn't rest on his laurels either.