From: Mech [mailto:mech@m3ch.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:46 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: footswitch in "tuner out"

At 8:30 AM -0700 8/15/09, ditch wrestler wrote:
>I think it was a while back that somebody said by putting a latched
>or unlatched footswitch into an effect pedal's 'tuner out' plug
>would act as a kill switch, muting all that was going through the
>pedal.

I think I know the trick you're talking about, and you're having
trouble finding it (I think) 'cause a couple of your details are
munged.

I believe you're referring to a trick discovered by our own William
Walker while using one of the Korg tuners.  There are a couple of the
Korg models that have an input for a pedal to be used as a "Mute"
switch.  You can attach a unlatched footswitch (like a Roland
FS-series switch) into this connector and use it as a 'killswitch' to
create your own gating effects.

I'm sure that if you search back for Bill's posts looking for "Korg
tuner" you'll probably find the thread you're searching for....

        --m.
--
_____
"the wind in my heart; the dust in my head...."