Re: Henry Kaiser Solo CD

Where Endless Meets disappearing
Henry Kaiser

----- Original Message -----
From: Doc Rossi
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:37 AM
Subject: Re: Henry Kaiser Solo CD

i can't find it either

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 10:52 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
looppool@cruzio.com wrote:

I got up, made a too strong cup of coffee and put Henry Kaiser's new solo
guitar
improvisation CD on.

I'm listening to the title track right now and it is just beautiful and
awe inspiring.
It makes me want to throw away all of my instruments and only play
electric guitar
for the rest of my life.

Called 'where endless meets disappearing',  this long droning track is
just beautiful:
abstract, melodic,  fractured,  soothing.   It has it all and if any of
you were fortunate
to have caught Henry's exquisite solo set at the loop festival last year, it is along
the lines of things he played to his beautiful and serene underwater
photography
from under the Antarctic ice caps as a professional diver.

Make sure you see Herzog's "Wild Blue Yonder" for some simply
amazing underwater photos by Henry.
Also "Encounters at the End of the World " has some Henry shots,
and shows him playing.

I can imagine being underwater listening to this music.

In the liner notes, he calls this opus,  ".....a concept album about the
intersection of different
personal practise and their attached intimacies."

You get this concept viscerally, just listening to the playing.

It just made me completely forget about my small woes and makes me want to
start
plugging gear in and using it in new, undiscovered ways.

I had Kaiser's "It's a Wonderful Life" since my pre-loop days.
Could never figure how he did it.
...it was a digital delay with carefully set up square wave modulation,
( and if anyone wants to try a plugin that does that, please ask (Win only) )

That's a pretty damn good recommendation for any music, I suppose.

Well, you sold me on it :-)
...can't find a source tho' :-(

andy