Henry Kaiser Solo Cd...

thanks for the heads up on the HK solo disc, i've been meaning to get his homage to derek bailey and his newish trio disc called Plane Crash (there's a pretty good youtube ad for it from the record co that produced it)....

i will say that i have a # of HK cds (but not all, b/c he has a huge catalogue!!) and they are all good, and in heavy rotation in my playing for a # of yrs...he is definately a good listen if you're bored w/ your playing and need new ideas, b/c he seems to go a lot of different directions & uses a # of unorthodox approaches......
...also his DVD from '03 called "25 solos on 25 guitars" is quite enlightening...and he does a few little looping things on there w/ his kleins, i'm assuming he's using his eventide unit, he doesn't really explain anything, just talks about the guitars and plays an improve to demo them (the teuffel tesla gets an interesting noise workout & is one of my faves....). i also think his 90 min guitar instruction tape from '91 (i think), is a good watch, even though it is approaching 20 yrs old (& i did transfer my copy to dvd for ease of watching..), he touches on a # of good ideas about improvising, and he seems to stress the importance of playing like yourself....and he also does a good demo of a few patches from the eventide h3000...
again, thanks for the HK heads up...
s---