Re: wiki - list of free software for audio

LV2 plugins sound interesting, gotta check all of this out.
Louigi.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 5:01 PM, michael noble <looplog@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Louigi,

I don't use midi at all really, and instead do only sound processing. Without knowing the specific plugin you used in LMMS, I can't really comment on that issue. I can say that I've used the CMT delays and never had a problem with them. These are a series of delay plugins with or without feedback up to 60 seconds in length. They are Ladspa plugins, which means the host must draw the gui, so if the host is ugly generally the plugins will be too! I don't believe they sync to host tempo. In a fix you could try running sooperlooper in delay mode, and sync that to JACK clock or midi clock.

As for sound processing plugins and the range on linux i suppose it is dependent on what you are trying to do. There are around 300 ladspa effects of various quality, and some very high quality LV2 plugins, which is the next generation plugin API, with very professional looking GUIs. You can also use FST to run VSTs under wine, which I do for spatialization via the acousmodules series of VST plugins. So there is quite a lot of choice, at least from my perspective. That being said I also farm some of my audio processing off to a windows box running a Korg OASYS, so I'm kind of spoiled.

-michael