Re: MIDI foot controllers

Jim asked:
"I got another observation re my comment about my midi-guitar pedal.
It's got 3 pedals, is it as simple as telling Mobius which of those 3
pedal midi channels (assuming each pedal is a channel) to use for
those 3 responses?"

It basically works like this:
(this is assuming you're using Mobius standalone, if you're using it
in a host app then getting the MIDI from the midi-guitar pedal to
Mobius is beyond the scope of this text).
1. Select the MIDI interface for the pedal as "MIDI In" in the MIDI
port configuration in Mobius
2. Select "MIDI commands" (or whatever it is called), and then it just
works like with keyboard commands:
check the "auto learn" (or whatever it is called) checkbox, select the
function you want a pedal assigned to (like record), then press the
pedal and there you go!

Please note that anything more than assigning one pedal to one
Mobius/EDP function will require scripts. An example would be to put
record and overdub on one and the same button.
I remember somebody once wrote a set of scripts that made the DL4 user
interface available in Mobius. You may check the Mobius archives for
those as an inspiration.

            Rainer