Re: Simple Multiple Loop Sampling Tool for Mac?

At 12:20 AM +0200 8/28/09, buzap@gmx.net wrote:

>I want to create a bunch (i.e. 15) of live loops that I want to
>assign to keyboard buttons and then trigger (either single-shot or
>loop) whenever I like (also several together).
>
>What would be the best way to do it on a Mac?
>My own best guess would be to define 15 parallel loops in SooperLooper.
>
>Any - better - ideas? Mobius?

Musolomo, from Plasq.  Not only can you live sample and have each
auto-assigned to the keyboard on the fly, it will also assign ranges
so that the sample pitch is transposed across the available
unassigned keys left on the keyboard.  Manipulations (such as
pitch/time stretch and reverse) can be done via CC as well.  The only
really glaring omission is any sort of Feedback control.

Pretty cool, although they stopped actively supporting it a while
back.  You can get the UB version here (scroll down to about the
thrid reply): http://is.gd/2DHO7

Also, I think you might be able to do similar with CrossFade Loop
Synth, but I'm not certain about handling 15 loops at a time with the
live effect version.

        --m.
--
_____