Re: Welcome to the Future!

Rainer Straschill schrieb:

>http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-smallbiz-studios13-2009oct13,0,3516140.story
>
> Taking this development (and the development of computer technology in
> general) into account, it actually should have been possible to see
> that the "studio days" would end...soon.

Good studios have always been about two things:
Architecture (the room to record in) and people (the engineers, coffee
machine and stuff...).
It has never been about equipment, though in their advertisement all
studios list equipment as main argument...

As the latter changed a lot and the two important ones are still the
same as 70 years ago, I don't see any sign for change...

Of course this is only true for the good studios, in the old days a bad
studio (shitty acoustics, amateurs as engineers) could still survive...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--