Re: affordable portable usb foot-controller with pedal

Thanks to Chris for posting the link to the write-up at the Live
forum. The Line6 MK2 looks nice! The fact that it doesn't offer banks
could be problematic for users that need access to controlling many
parameters while playing (I use 80 to 100 parameters). With an FCB1010
you can set up the ten banks ten buttons to directly target your
actions but with the Line6 MK2 you can work around it by dedicating
one or two of its buttons to swap beteen alternative routing setups in
your software. I'm not sure that can be done in Mainstage but Mobius
will let you swap "MIDI Control Setup", either directly assigned or as
part of a "Setup" as you call up that by the pedal. If using Logic,
Bidule or MAX you can build an environment that redirects, mutes or
un-mutes the target for whatever data the Line6 MK2 sends. I'm not
sure Mainstage offers such option to instantly swap targets for a
given set of external controllers (will look into it and post again of
a workaround can be found).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se