Re: Does this effect exist?

You could simply call it "the freeze effect". The trick is not the
effect but how to route it related to the live signal. If using a
delay effect you should set it up to react to your momentary pedal
control by adding the wet signal to the live signal when pressed down.
When not pressed down there should be no volume and now feedback for
the effect's "wet" path, it should simply be bypassed.

When David Gilmore did this trick he froze chords and played solo over
it. Your approach to freeze one note and then back it up with chords
sounds more fun.

The VG-99 can do an awesome freeze controlled by the beam. Check out
YouTube demo's for that.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se