Re: Attaching Boss RC-50 to Sound System

Quoting Sjaak Overgaauw <tcplugin@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> The RC-50 has unbalanced outputs so you have to use a DI or mixer with
> balanced outputs before you hook it up to the FOH.
> --
> Sjaak Overgaauw
> http://premonitionfactory.com/
> http://livelooping.be/
> http://euroloopfest.com/

Well, I am writing this with some egg on my face here...

Until a couple of months ago, I owned an RC-50 (I sold it because I
really didn't use it very much) and I don't know why I thought it had
balanced outputs.  So, my bad.

I've always used on-stage mixers (either my Mackie or RME800) and
since they supply balanced outputs I've never needed a DI box.

Having said this, I usually carry an Ebtech hum-eliminator with me --
just in case.  I've never had to use it for my stuff but I have used
it for others' stuff a few times.

However, I must now do penance for passing on incorrect information
about the RC-50 outputs.

-- Kevin