win XP processor usage trick

win XP processor usage trick.

This may work to reduce audio clicks at low latency.
I'm using a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, and Bidule.

disclaimer....I'm still a hardware user, this is for testing plugins,
so I may not know what I'm talking about.

Needs a Dual core machine (at least).

1) Start pc without audio interface.
2) Ctl-Alt-Del for task manager, select Performance, and compare CPU
Usage history for both cores.
   View>CPU History>
3) Start up audio interface.
4) I see regular spikes on cpu 0, when cpu 1 is more or less dormant (
seems to be audio interface )
5) Go to Processes tab, find your audio app (PlogueBidule.exe in my
case) and right click.
6) Select "Set Affinity" and uncheck cpu 0 ,  Ok it.

so that puts Bidule, and presumably it's animated graphics, onto a
different cpu
to the audio interface. Seems to help.

andy butler