Re: dealing with Live, default control mapping

Per,

Thanks for explaining those options to me, I really didn't know even after all this time. :)

Anyway, the solution I got form the Ableton forum worked perfectly for me, which was to, in the midi sync tab, where it lists midi inputs 1-6 with 3 drop down list boxes, one for control surface, one for input, and lastly for output, set the control surface to nothing. When you have the control surface option selected, Live does an automapping of hardware controls to Live controls. That's what I couldn't get rid of.

Your solution doesn't really work for me because I use half of the nanoKontrol for Mobius, and the other half for Live tracks. I wanted the option to play along with Live's loops, and to be able to control them.

For my more serious music I use only Mobius, but I've been working on playing along with various pre-recorded loops as an experiment. And for that it's nice to have control of both.

Best,

George