Re: looping and the public and categ

neat questions,

Loaf citious wrote:

> 1)Do you really mean "brand" or do you mean
> to simply make more popular?

Probably there's as many answers to that
as there are list members :-)

This is just mine:
Back in 2005 I called my cd "livelooping",
I thought that pointed out that it was
something other than a guitar solo album.

I'm not sure where I got the idea to leave out
the space, and make no claim to have invented the idea.

> 2)If to brand something, LiveLooping seems more
> of a description than a brand name.  Why not
> continue branding LD?  I mean, that's a cool
> name that could also encompass many things.

live looping ...description
livelooping  ...  brand

Looper's Delight ...website devoted to
*all* types of music that uses loops, live
or otherwise.

> I guess this would bring up other questions
> like: is LD only for the musicians that are
> into Looping?  Would the owner of the website
> and listServe be ok or mad at that? Would that
> just lead to more spam on the list?

Oh there's some history here ;-)

>From pre-"loop station" days.

Owner is Kim Flint.
He objected quite strongly to the term
"Festival of Looping" being used for events
organise by/for live loopers. He thought it
wrong to present what he saw as a narrow range
of music as being "looping". He pointed out
that HipHop, Industrial etc. all used loops.

About that time, the fests changed to
"Festival of Live Looping".

While Kim's not an active list member here,
he certainly coined the term "Looper's Delight"
and I don't think it would be appropriate to
use that term in the way you suggest.

>And I think a fest would actually
> be more popular with a singular or more closly
> related genres (in some cases - not all).

:-) so organize one

> Anyway, I'm sure I've stepped on a lot of toes here.

not at all

> Sorry if I stirred the pot.  Just some random thoughts
> from a guy posts quite randomly.

hope that's some useful background

> -AG

andy butler