Looping set-up in Ableton

Hi All,

I apologize in advance if this has been covered somewhere. I looked
around and couldn't find anything so I figured I'd ask.

After watching the launchpad ad where the player recorded three
separate drum loops live and switched between them, I wanted to set
something like that up. I figured I could set the row to be a single
track and record+switch with midi keys, but that gets too limited
quickly.

What I would like to set up is as follows:

Long Description:
A drum rack, a reason in, other ins as necessary, etc. Then, at least
8 separate, individually controlled and fx chained tracks (either all
armed or all with loopers. Preferably a looper per track. Or both? if
that's even possible) that *all* can record from the ins (if the ins
all route through one global "ins" track to the loop tracks, that's
fine). So if I hit record for track 3, it'll record (or overdub)
whatever the Ins are playing into track 3. Etc. Basically just what a
multitrack hardware looper like the looperlative does, only in
software.

Short description:
An Ableton live rack that samples just like a kaos pad does.

Any advice or help with this would be greatly appreciated. I've come
close, but there's always something complicating the solution so it's
harder than push-record-loop. I think I'm missing something really
simple, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Thanks!
Nicolas