Re: ? re: digitech echo plus (bit rate)?

My suggestion: listen to how the thing works for you. If it sounds fine
(by your standards), don't care about what the tech specs say. If it
sounds ass (by your standards), don't care about the specs, either.

As others stated before, 8bit (in combination with 80ies converters
especially) tend to give you some "electric grittyness" which you may or
may not like. One example: the first version of the Korg Kaoss Pad has
much inferior audio quality in comparison to the later models - that's
why I still keep a KP1, because it's just got "that sound".

About the digitech: if it's really the PDS8000 AND if that is similar in
sound to the digitech RDS delay I once had I have to say that I really
liked the way it coulors the sound. Interestingly, not at all hard and
gritty, rather soft - at first I suspected it to work with bucket brigades.