Re: OREGON LOOPERS

I can also offer any help that I am able to for this event, as long as it happens in Portland. (I don't do all that much traveling.) I also won't be performing but will be glad to assist in however I can. A few places here in Ptld that immediately come to mind as *potential* ( no guarantees) venues are Holocene, The Someday Lounge, and Rotture. There may(?) be others that I am forgetting about, but these 3 are kool places, and have a decent amount of space. (Holocene actually has 2 separate stages in 2 separate rooms). All of these places have previously  featured a wide and often interesting variety of musics and performances, and some of it has been in the same "ball park" at least of what a loop fest may be like, and hopefully the potential for an appreciative audience. They all are also in the inner city and are EZ to find and get to. Just my 2 cents on this. I also have no "connections" with any of these places. Just tossing them out for anyone's consideration, and for anyone who has some kind of experience with putting on fests, of which I have zero experience. But if needed,
I could maybe do some footwork and / or talking to any of these places if I can offer something "tangible"  for them to consider. But, one possible caveat would be that there is a possibility that any of these places may(?) want to do this on a week night (and / or day?) and not a weekend when they usually do their best business. They are clubs, y'know and usually bring in more customers and $ on the weekends with booty shakin' and such music.

( Now, that is *not* say that loopage can never end up inducing at least some kind of booty shakin',  but I think ya know what I mean. :-) )

Here are links for all three:

Cheers,
Rev. Fever
Portland,OR