Re: hardware to software

Actually no, I have no motivation to go the lap top route, at this time.  I've seen to many loopfest participants scramble to cobble together  hardware because their computer rig died on them. no matter what folks said about the ratio of hardware to software failure, unless I were to buy duplicate lap tops which is not in my budget right now. I'm simply pairing down my hardware options. I realized that I have more than enough choices with the LP-1, and a good DSP and a good preamp.  I'm using a TC fireworx which has plenty enough effects options to keep me happy and an ethos preamp which is replacing my heavier Boogie formula preamp. That and my midi controller a few expression pedals, and I'm ready for action. The idea of creating scripts is interesting to me, and at the same time because so much of what I do is in the moment and improvisational. I'm not sure I want to spend many hours creating recording scripts if  I'm not sure  the music is going to unfold in the way i scripted it. I'm sure I'll get over this bias eventually, and if I was scripting for songs that had definite arrangements it would make sense for me.  I to am pairing down for travel but it will be a while before the lap top is part of my rig. What are your issues with the LP-1 as far as quantize is concerned. Are you talking about first loop quantizing? The way I have been using Quantize replace is to create a short blank loop and then start adding content one note at a time using quantize replace set to 1/16th. i have a preset that duplicates the quantize replace function so that the preset switch acts as a sus command, i only have to hit the preset once and it will open and close capturing the notes are chords I just played. I'm able to create percolating sequencer style parts  that emerge from a non rhythmic  beginning. I'm not sure if I'm articulating that right but I'll post some Youtube examples in the next few weeks.  One thing I learned from my last trip to Europe was that pairing down gear gave me  fewer options, and yet having fewer choices meant that I was forced to be more musical and less reliant on effects. It was really liberating even though I missed all of the options, to not be over thinking and over using the DSP.
 Bill