Re: Video Streaming Services - Status and Survey

I will check in here briefly,

I also have used all three services. The only thing I can add is that
Livestream's studio does not have to be opened to broadcast. I can just
start the FME and it starts broadcasting. This is good for me because I
also
use Manycam for copious amounts of video fx (yes, I am one of those). The
cpu load is much less with Livestream than it is with Ustream because of
this. Ustream, as Rainer said has to have it's own broadcast window open
and
connected with the FME before broadcasting. This was my least favorite
thing
about Ustream. I recently had an issue with Ustream not broadcasting
stereo
but this may have been a fluke.

The bandwidth limits with Livestream and the aspect ratio are it's biggest
issue for some. It is not for me as I have never used anything higher than
about 428 kbs total for audio/video broadcast. You have to consider the
bandwidth of the audients connection also.

To get my channel "verified" on Livestream was very simple. Once done you
can have unlimited viewers.

With Livestream you can upload your own videos and also sync with your
Youtube account. It plays on "auto pilot" 24/7. This allows me to edit my
sets much better than Ustream. Ustream doesn't allow uploads.

There have been some issues with Livestream reporting a "unable to find
that
url" when people click on the link to the shows. This is rare.

The studio with Livestream enables you to switch between other feeds and
cameras. You can also have shared channels with collaborators which is
nice.
This may be the big thing for the next VSV fest! Ustream was a
kluster(ahem)
using their cohost feature. :)

best,

Jeff