Re: Keith is also a loop pioneer (was: fingers crossed this becomes available soon)

thanks for the story matthias.
i knew keith was awesome, but now he's even more awesome.

On Jan 14, 2010, at 7:27 PM, Matthias Grob wrote:

Keith McMillen "discovered" me in Frankfurt in 1993 and asked "would you like to licence this to Gibson"
he already had a looper prototype by then, but liked mine better, mainly because it was ready.
so I went to Berkeley and we sat together and improved it.
he added the great idea with the pedal board using a standard guitar cable, the parameter matrix, some Next features...
(the bad idea to recycle the brand Echoplex was not his)

we already agreed back then that the multitrack looper would be the next step...
...but then Gibson kicked him out and he had to fight to save Zeta - and won!

what he does now with BeamFoundation is a sophisticated variation of livelooping, too!

a great guy, incredibly active and full of visions, sometimes like a father to me...
have a look at his other products, they are all unique!