Re: Brian Eno about recorded music

I prefer the sound of vinyl or in some cases cassette tapes to CD's,
but IMO mp3's sound a hell of a lot better than CD's, at least
properly encoded ones with high bitrates. A 320k mp3 file will have a
heck of a lot more "oomph" and frequency response than a CD... and
lets not forget that physical formats are easily ruined, or wear out
in time. I love analog sound, but I havent bought a cd in years... and
I used to be the kinda guy that spent paychecks on them. It's a matter
of quality and simplicity. There's really no reason to use cd's
anymore and I'm glad they are going extinct because it's always been
ridiculous how overpriced they are anyway.