Re: Foot tamborine / Forum Needed!

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Charles Zwicky <cazwicky@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> I  also think this email list is cumbersome and annoying..  someone
>starts
> talking (for instance) about tuning in fifths (which I've done for 20
>years)
> and nobody gets  too reply because it becomes old news in a sea of
>email ..
> except for two guys who pick a fight about it... and go so far off topic
> that nobody dares restate the purpose...

Currently Gmail is a good tool to stay out of that lost message disaster
;-))

I use Gmail for fora as well and set my forum account to duplicate
forum posts as emails. Gmail is very fast for sorting on-the-fly and
you only miss the spam mails.

I used Eudora, MS Office and Apples Mail but today Gmail is the one to
save me time that is better enjoyed with the Looper Delight.

For fora that do not support email duplication I use Bloglines Beta
RSS reader in the web browser. It is close to Gmail in speed; you
simply scann recent posts by clicking through the subject lines by the
spacebar. While doing so you get a short intro except text as well. If
something looks worth closer reading you cmd-shift click the subject
line to open the actual forum post/article/webpage as a new background
tab. After having scanned through the new stuff in Bloglines you end
up with about a dozen browser tabs for closer reading. You may read on
right away or keep it up until a free minute comes around later during
the day.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
- "Delete Button Saves Butt"