RE: Hi everybody.

Wow!  There is some GREAT stuff on Symmetria.  Holy cow.

-- Greg Gaz

Subject: RE: Hi everybody.
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 22:08:46 -0500
From: aovil@wfubmc.edu
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

Steve,

I just got through listening to Symmetria and I have to say it is downright inspiring. This is no idle flattery or sycophantic complement,  just ernest recognition by a fellow musician.  It is completely captivating and sounds for lack of a better descriptor, “complete”. Those overtones will haunt my sleep tonight.

I love the textures and movement you have created, but most of all, I love how well crafted it is as an elegant “finished” composition. I have honestly not been this impressed  with a piece of music since I heard “ethnic stew and brew” by the Roy Campbell pyramid Trio. (With William Parker and Hamid Drake laying it down). Your playing actually bears a striking resemblance to Parker’s if you don’t mind my saying, but with its own unique spice.

I am going to make a point of flying out to see one of your shows in person.  Bravo!

To all the rest of you aficionados , this is likely not news, but if  by some shortsight you have not already heard this masterpiece, change your plans for the evening and sit down with a good pair of headphones or monitors.  Get ready to be blown away. (www.steveuccello.com)

Ace

www.steveuccello.com