Re: Hi everybody.

Ace Ovil wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I知 new to this looping game so I have no idea how large this community
> is or who the gurus are, but I知 excited to find out.  I知 not sure what
> the etiquette is so I thought I would just roll the dice and post my
> first question.
>
> I知 confident someone here knows the answer to this:
>
> I now  finally have two echoplex digital pros and I知 really looking
> forward to running them in stereo in the effects loop of my mixer. The
> problem is that one is an original oberheim with loop 3 v.5 on it that
> does not have full memory capacity and the other is a gibson with loop 4
> and 16 mb.

there's no problem to sync loop 3 with loop 4.

What might happen is that the brothersync won't lock up between the 2
units.
In that case
1) there's a component that can be replaced to ensure they lock up
2) Midi sync will still work perfectly. Use loop3 as master for best
results
   as loop4 has improved midisync

> I ordered the memory today to upgrade the older echoplex to 16mb but I知
> trying to figure out if I can sync the two devices despite the different
> software versions.
>
> If not, is loop 4 still available?

should be

> Also, any advice any of you could offer about running stereo echoplex
> setup would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I have studied the section in the manuals ad nauseum but was hoping for
> some tips and tricks.

put second edp into reverse,
or HSP   :-)

> Thank you,