RE: Hi Everybody

Ace -

I lucked out and was "loaned" an old Dean Markley "Overlord".  Vintage
boutique, at least I think so, haven't seen one around and I've been
looking.  That one is prob a bit too metal for me but, I dial it down
and I'm happy; sounds great w/ humbuckers.
There are several pedals on the market today that have tubes in them.
But, I like the one's w/ the classic tube that all guitarists love -
12ax7 - mini vacuum tube, I believe from Russia but, any major guitar
parts store would carry them.
On a side note, although multi-board pedals have always scared me, I
almost drove to the store to try out the VOX Tonelab:
"The Valve Reactor circuit uses a 12AX7 dual triode vacuum tube, a
virtual output transformer and a dummy speaker circuit that simulates
the reactive load of a real speaker."
http://www.voxamps.com/pedals/tonelable/

Now that I read that again, I think I may still go to the store and
ask if they'll let me try one out.

AndyG