Re: Accidental findings regarding Eventide Eclipse (and guess what?news on the varispeed front!)

William Walker schrieb:
> way cool, Have you got an Eclipse Rainer? James? keep us posted.
Yes, I do (and I also have a FireworX, that's why I'm gonna comment on
your next email right away):

It's interesting to compare those two, which were released about at the
same time and were in the same price range. Both are still available
new, but while the street price for the FireworX has fallen to nearly a
third of its original price, the Eclipse still costs the same.
On the other hand, the Eclipse gave you three major software releases,
while the FireworX only gave you a bunch of new presets...

The Eclipse may be the effects device in my setup which has been
underused and underexplored the most. This came because I got it about
that time when I removed all the "big stuff" from my ensemble
performance rig and started to play solo using a computer as the only
processor. But this new software just gave me an impetus to really play
with this thing some more...

Now on to your FireworX question:
"I've heard its possible to use a modifier controlling the audio input
to create a ducking effect for various effects but I haven't taken the
time to figure it out"

I guess the best starting point is the factory preset #96 "TC Walrus
2290". It's a rather complex effect, but turn off all processing blocks
except for the delay, and then have a look at the "mod" section.

       Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs