guyatone md3 delay (variaspeed) // K Hartung's "Fragments"

i got the guyatone md3 delay yesterday and got a chance to play around w/ it.
i kind of like it. OK, it is SMALL-honestly w/ the input/output/power cord going in, i don't know where they put the electronic guts to make it work.
even though it is small, the knobs are easy to use & smooth (& the on/off button was worn in smooth-i never stomp on my pedals so i never get the thing worn in). the 2 short settings work fine like a normal delay (slapback for you rockabilly guys, echo for whatever), but the long setting does a nice 2.6 sec. it sounds different than the digitech/boss/ibanez delays i've used in the past (cleaner to my ear-some may say too digital clean, but i like). doesn't have the boss coloring that annoyed me after awhile. the one thing i do like about the digitech delays is the option of putting feedback at 3 o'clock to keep loop open, then you can move it to 100% and it locks in and you can play over. but this works nice since i got it for 71$. it definately oscilates-so spaceship noises are available. and as a noise maker, it's a yes. at times when going from the extremes in the long mode to 2.6 sec, you can sometimes hear the digital glitchy-ness in the notes caught in the delay path. it reminded me of my old digitech rp100-it's 2 sec of delay sounded similar. but i think the glitchyness can be fun & useful. and for the varispeed thing, it works ok. now, the problem is when you get a good varispeed thing done, it's impossible to really add anything over the top, i'll be adding my behringer tweakilazer back in my setup for it's samples-but so far i'm having fun w/ it. the fun things are messing w/ short rhytmic things-reminds me a bit of Andre LF's "normalized' stuff-or at least my bad interpretation of it....i should probably have my son vid record me doing my crazy stuff w/ it and put it on utube...he has the good vid camera in the house. classic....

side note: i popped in a bunch of my loop cds in my car that i haven't listened too-the last 2 days i've been listening to KRISPEN HARTUNG's "FRAGMENTS". wow, i forgot how good that is. i have no idea how to describe it. looped madness (& liner notes say recorded at coffee houses?), sometimes there are guitar sounds that are quasi-semi-hollow-jazzy-then it goes into just sound-goodness. sort of makes me sad that KH sold all his sonic mangling tools and is going straight semi-hollow jazz -can it be after i'm listening to "Fragments"? oh well, i wish him well, but the "Fragments" disk has been some great sonic goodies to my ears.....
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=235503632389016121#docid=5791548553161416906

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=235503632389016121#