flying within europe,gear on board etc.

for all u europeans,
im flying this time to the Antwerp fstival but im skeptical about checking
in my equipment,id be basically checking in my guitar and my pedalboard
any tips or experiences with this? are they as strict as flying
international by opening up luggage etc? is it neccesary to insure
anything?
flying international has become very risky with gear,ive had things opened
and overal it seems they ve become really careless!
thanx for all the tips
cheers
www.myspace.com/luisangulocom