Re: Sending program changes from Bidule to external midi devices

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whatever you are creating in software you should save several identical
> copies of your working document under different names. For example xxx,
> xxxbackup1, xxxbackup2. It is common that a document gets corrupted of an
> application crashes when in use.

Good point. I do but the backup appears to corrupt too...if that is the
problem.

> Hope you get a stable setup with Bidule! It served me and Mobius
>excellently
> under Windows XP two years ago but today my recent Macbook is stable
> with Mainstage 2.1 while Bidule crashes and delivers an inferior
>fidelity.

That's good news....not ;-) Mainstage 2.1 is not stable here at the
moment, it was so-so for a while but not good enough, I'm sure now.
2.0 was stable, did Y2K with that, 1.0 was ok too. We'll see, I'm
building a "safe my ass" rig now if things go wrong, partly hardware,
partly software. Nord Wave as synth, Bidule for some FX and
softsynths, a Lexicon for reverbs and the LP1 as looper. If the Mac
fails, you won't hear "the sound of silence".

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/