Macbook Pro 2.26GHz OK for Audio Recording?

Hi:

I have an opportunity to get a Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz version for a reasonable price / payment arrangement through my workplace. would that be an acceptable machine to use for audio needs? i.e. recording audio, possible looping, virtual synthesizer use?

I'm currently a PC user and my desktop is getting old (although it's pretty functional) but I need to add memory and don't necessarily want to keep spending money on a soon-to-be-obsolete machine (Dell 4600 desktop). Plus my disk dives are getting full. I had already replaced my power supply and graphics card - both of which died.

Thanks for any comments/advice.

Regards, Paul