Re: Digitech JamMan and loss of signal

hi Petri,
Digitech make so many of those pedals, so I expect
they follow the Boss/Roland philosophy of using
cheaper components in the signal path in order to
maximise profits. They know the average user will
only compare the bypass sound with the sound of the effect
switched on...so a poor bypass just makes the effect sound
"even better".

If the Digi-JamMan can run 100% wet then you can use it on an
fx send of a mixer. That solves your problem, in theory anyway.
If you're not using a mixer, then some kind of signal
splitter might work with what you have.
Or if you're using an amp with a parallel fx loop.

The EH Stereo Memory Man has true bypass.

Actually, you don't *need* hard bypass, you just need
*good* bypass, it could even end up sounding better.
Ironically the Dry part of the sound in most of the Electro Harmonix
stuff usually sounds (to me anyway) to be indistinguishable
to the hard bypassed sound, but they always have hard bypass anyway.

andy butler