Re: Macbook Pro 2.26GHz OK for Audio Recording?

Hello
I've found for audio faster drives perform better.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: Jeff Shirkey <jcshirke@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:37:49 -0600
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Re: Macbook Pro 2.26GHz OK for Audio Recording?

Two GB should do fine for audio recoding, if going moderately. You
would need more RAM if for example running heavy sampler plugins while
carrying out your audio recordings.

On a somewhat related note, someone told me that I should probably replace my MBP's internal 5400 rpm drive with a 7200 rpm/500 GB drive because I have 3 or 4 large sample libraries on my machine. I'm sure I will need to stream some of those samples in Live 8, but I'm not going to be using huge, multi-layered tracks live. I would say my usage of samples and audio would be moderate. Do any other Mac users think I should take his advice and swap out my drive, or is my 5400/320 GB drive most likely fine for my needs?

Thanks,

Jeff