Re: the death of the loop

Thank you for the link. My original post was meant to be on a theoetical
level as well as a technical, both are very appropriate at this time. My
viewpoint is that the technique of using a loop is in it's nature very
spectacular and fascinating, so much the music can then become more
about this "phenomena" then about the actual content. That is why I have
chosen to implement the loop, but cut it... and use a more song-like
structure in my music. And I said before it can be a difficult task. I
havent been able to find the best way yet for one song imparticular. I
am using ableton and am learning as i go along.

one question:

I am struggling with looper at the moment, because my pedal is causing
me problems. I do not know why but sometimes it doesnt start recording,
or it starts and then stops again. Normally if I click once than it
should it start recording, and if I click a second time it should
continue in playback modus. But instead sometimes it is undoing the
latest recording and then going into playback. And sometimes it records
while the pedal is down and then plays when the pedal is released. I am
using a normal pedal that was connected to my e-piano as a sustain
pedal....? Is it the wrong type of pedal...?

-nadia

--
Nadia Salom
http://www.nirmala07.net