Re: Enver Izmailov (guitarist)

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:48 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> a lot

As a beginning and ambitious Stick player it amazes me how my Stick
tends to sound more like a Stratocaster for each day. The strat was my
premier instrument for a couple of decades and I guess I never will
get away from it ;-) But with the Stick I have at least extended the
tonal range of this expression way down into the bass register - which
is awesome! I have the same Villex PASV-4 pickups as Anthony and
really love that sound.

I agree with Anthony that there are a lot of Stick specific playing
technique tricks, but that's not what interest me with the instrument.
I get my kicks from more music related aspects like being able to use
nine fingers to work out rhythmic patterns, the wide tonal range and
the live sound design challenge of adding different effects and amps
to each side. Just think about how cool to play a throbbing 16th note
basted bassline with by two hand technique on the bass side and only
now and then replace a note with one on the melody side, where you
have the output going through a tap delay with some cool LFO filtering
happening. Not to forget the multitasking improvisational option for
two-handed playing.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se