Re: Enver Izmailov (stick-warr gtr)

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 7:22 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> I have a very unorthodox playing style on string instruments,
> and really rely on being able to get a lot of different timbres
> and effects from the way I pluck the string.
>
> it's not about just getting tone, but about getting a range
> of different tones.

You wouldn't seriously attempt to "play guitar" on a stick would you? :-)

My stick may sound Strat like but generally it's a misconception to
think the stick is a sort of guitar. Or bass. There's a lot guitar
trick you can't do on a stick - but there are a lot of stick things...
vice versa.

I totally agree with Andy's description, above, of hist guitar
approach. "Unortothox" is definitely the word. I went over to Norwich
and played with him and I would say that the EDP too is part of "the
instrument" Andy plays. An amazing experience of looping with
unorthodox guitar playing.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se