Re: Constant buzzing - can it be killed!

Thanks, Bill. We do indeed have the energy saving bulbs here. However, I turned all the lights off in the house and the buzz persised.

Would this do the trick?
http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=AC-215A_PRO

Kris

 It might have some effect, though  this is not a true isolation transformer

Maybe this would be more promising:

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=229

Isolation transformers must have gone down in price?. I found that the really high wattage ones are expensive, which I don't need.

Kris

 This would be the more likely candidate, let me know if you get it and how well it works. I'm in the market as well due to the crappy old wiring in our house. It also occurred to me that it could very well be caused by wireless interference or perhaps a neighbor operating a ham radio or heavy machinery like an arc welder or  big electric saw. Do you have any big power lines or microwave towers near by?
 When I was recording at the Technical Institute Studio in Istanbul with Erdem, They had an isolation transformer the size of an industrial refrigerator, and we still had some radio interference. Is it possible you have right wing extremists operating a pirate radio station near by?  hey it doesn't hurt to ask:-)
Bill