Re: how do you store your cables?

(They are an unavoidable and "necessary evil". :-)  (Try making electricity based  music WITHOUT them. M'whaaa hahaha haaaa! :-)))

And If you don't like traffic jams, set your car on fire! Wee-hee-mucka-ferguson! :)

--- On Fri, 3/12/10, Revfever <revfever@ubergadget.com> wrote:

From: Revfever <revfever@ubergadget.com>
Subject: Re: how do you store your cables?
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Friday, March 12, 2010, 5:03 PM

On Mar 12, 2010, at 1:38 PM, paulrichard_rocks@yahoo.com wrote:

> Arrrgggg! I hate cables!

They are an unavoidable and "necessary evil". :-)  (Try making electricity based  music WITHOUT them. M'whaaa hahaha haaaa! :-))

> I have several large boxes (ex-comp paper type) and another Staples clear sided box. I have yet to find a way to effectively org them other than coil and try to keep likes in the same "layer".

For cables that are either spare cables or are cables that are not to be used for awhile, I merely store them in segregated / appropriately labeled plastic milk crates and those are "discreetly" stored on the lowest shelf of a large set of shelves against a wall in the studio. (these crates would work in just about any room or environment). The cables are also wound up and bound with twist-ties that I have collected for free. This makes locating the proper cables a lot easier and avoids that dreaded entanglement frustration.

For the other cables that might get a little quicker use (other than those that are currently hooked and ready to go), I just found for free, an ex-incense package display unit
(no kidding, it still has the name of the incense company too on it) that is just a wooden "plate" with numerous hard wire "arms" sticking out and it was ready made perfect for my purposes. Plus, being attached to the wall, it takes up *no* space at all. (at least not of the floor where it *really counts* in my *small* studio area.  This type of thing could easily be custom-built as well.  But, I am pleased that I found something for free and that also has a "groooovey" incense company logo on it. Trippy!  Peace out!

Cheers-
Rev. Fever
Portland,OR.
The Angry Red Planet