Re: Mainstage 2 with Mobius Help Needed

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Todd Matthews <gtmatthews@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for these tips Per. I'm pretty sure I have done these already off
>the
> top of my head but I will triple check to make sure once I finish making
>and
> consuming some delicious chicken tacos.
> Recap:
> Mobius settings:
> Sync = out
> Midi devices, Plugin out=IAC Bus 1
> Set min and max tempo so Mobius picks a realistic tempo after your first
> loop.
> Mainstage:
> input channel (patch level) : outout set to Bus 1(aux1)
> Concert level - Add software instrument, select Mobius
> Set side chain to Bus 1 on mobius
> Concert level - Fetch tempo from midi input - IAC Bus1
>

> I get input from Duet into Mainstage
> Goes from INput into Bus 1
> Audio seems to get into Mainstage
> Issues:
> I do not hear any output from Mobius.

There should not be any sound if do not have "Monitor Audio Input"
enabled in Mobius. Path: "Configuration/Global Parameters".

However, my preferred solution is different. I create - in Mainstage
on concert level - an aux channel with input "Bus 1" an output "Main".
And I keep Mobius set to no audio through, only mangled loopse is
coming out from Mobius. That way my instrument's live input sound is
cloned into two paths: one going into Mobius (to maybe get looped) and
the other passing directly to the output. The technical reason for
this choice is that I run the Mobius output through first a low cut
filter and then a tape delay plugin. The low cut filter is needed
because I mangle loops a lot and if a layer is overdubbed when a loop
is transposed up by two octave it can easily blow the PA speakers if
that loop later is played transformed two octaves down ;-))  And the
tape delay is used for dub style effet tweaking and when I do that I
don't want the slaps on my live instrument when playing against the
dub stuff.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se