Re: komplete vs. ableton

"You can use Live’s instruments with other applications if they support ReWire"

so when it says on ableton's site that:

"collision requires ableton live 8 or higher"

this is, in fact, not true?  it seemed to me that all of the programs within live were proprietary.

purchasing both ableton and komplete is not a financial option right now.

anyhow, getting back to the meat and potatoes of the initial question:

i'm running everything in bidule.  i think i mentioned this, but just to reiterate: i love bidule. it's bone-simple but deep enough once you start digging.  loads of options and i get along with it swimmingly.

the sampler is of paramount importance.  i love sampling crap, processing the shit out of it and then using it as it's own instrument.  so in that regard, kontakt is sorta critical.  i've been using short circuit but kontakt is approximately 4000 times better.
i live fm and absynth and battery as well...the arpeggiator in fm is pretty uninquel  i definitely prefer the pre-packaged sounds in komplete over those offered by ableton.

regarding live performance, most of what i do is done on-the-spot with not a lot of sequence triggering or what-have-you.  i am (and have been) leaning towards native instruments but wanted to see if anyone could dissuade me.

- jim