LD CD IV - 3 open slots

Hello -

After filling up almost immediately, there are 3 open slots available if you would like to participate in the next Loopers-Collective CD, which would be number IV in the occasional series.  So, if you were interested in participating but saw the slots were filled up, there are openings again. :-)

THE LD CD IV TEAM

1. Matt Stevens

2. Duke Sexton

3. Ted Killian

4. fabio

5. Antony Hequet

6. Edward Yuhas

7. Andy G

8. CPR

9. David K

10. ?

11. ?

12. ?

If you would like to participate, please read the details below and send an email to my YAHOO account (and NOT Loopers-Delight): unstrungone@yahoo.com.

(Again, please send any questions or email related to LD CD IV directly to my YAHOO accounts, as I don't have time to read every Loopers'-Delight Digest I receive. Thanks!)

The basic details will be no surprise:

- 12 particpants each submit 1 track no longer than 6 minutes.

- Please consider the track submitted 100% finished as far as you are concerned.

- All costs for preparation and production of 1000 shrink-wrapped CDs with 4-panel color artwork in Jewel Cases are to be divided among the 12 participants.

- All 1000 CDs to be divided among the 12 participants (so 80 CD's each).

- Delivery costs will be charged based on mailing costs (from Boston, MA) to participants' addresses.

I propose using the following service for CD production: http://www.wonderdrugrecords.com/

They've done great work for me for my own UNDO CDs.

What will this cost me?

Final costs to be commnicated, but expect to pay something in the $200 dollar range, not including postage delivery of your CDs.

I have used some top-flight mastering in the past for 12 other CDs I've produced: http://www.peerlessmastering.com/.  I want to master the collection to ensure the collected music plays well together. However, to keep costs down, I know another option I can use that I believe will work great and not cost us anything. Stay tuned.

What will I get?

1. Each participant wil receive 80 shrink-wrapped CDs with 4-panel color artwork in Jewel Cases.

2. Depending on if everyone agrees, I can also arrange electronic distribution for this CD through IODA: http://www.iodalliance.com/. However, that brings up the question of distribution of any sales income (which I'm happy to do for 24 months).

Are their any restrictions on the music?

1. Please do not submit anything that contains ANY samples of other people's work.

2. Please do not submit anything that contains profane language. :-)

How do I pay?

1. I'm not 100% sure yet.

2. I don't have a PayPal account, but that might be the easiest way to do this.

What are the deadlines and timelines?

1. I propose that all musical submitions must be received by May 1, 2010.  That's six weeks away.

2. I propose that all payments must be received by May 1, 2010.

3. Please allow 2 weeks for mastering.

4. I need to confirm CD production turnaround time - 4-8 weeks, depending on when we send this in (oddly, this is a seasonal business).

What do I do next?

Please send David an email with the following details:

1. Your Full Name:

2. Your Musical Project's Name:

3. Your Phone Number and Email for communication related to this project:

4. The full mailing address to which you would like to receive your CDs:

5. Would you like David to arrange IODA electronic distribution (iTunes, Amazon, etc..) YES or NO. (See "What Will I Get?", above):

What does David need to do next?

1. Calculate and communicate exact costs for CD duplication.

2. Confirm mastering costs.

3. Communicate to participants if there is universal agreement for IODA electronic distribution.

What else?

Ted Killian has volunteered his considerable graphic skills to provide professional CD artwork and layout.  Examples of Ted's graphics can be seen here: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=195418382&albumId=1894877&page=3

If you decide to back out, please do so in writing to my YAHOO email address, and NOT the LD list - I can only read every 3rd Digest, they come so quickly!

What is David's motivation to do this?

1. Its been a while since LD CD III, so it seems like a good idea.

2. I need more work to do in my life / I must be crazy.

3. I generally like the process and we will get a high-quality product.

4. Good karma.

Please note: I am not making any money on this process, and will also be paying an equal share.

I hope this email helps answer questions you may have. It really doesn't need to be complicated as long as we can all communicate cealtly, follow a process and deadlines.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Kind regards,

David