Re: Boomerang iii - experiences and grooves

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Stone
>
> I can recommend 10" active PA speakers from RFC or FCB.
> For mobile use, check a Taxi (battery-driven). Roland Cubes probably are
>also fine.
> Or, you might want to invest into a Bose system... :-)

I am happy with using two small Genelec studio monitors, the 8030A
model. Two of them goes into a small bag on wheels and you still have
space for some more. What I like with the Genelec is that they serve
well in different areas, they are also great for mixing and producing
music in a studio environment (I actually keep four of them in order
to produce surround mixes when needed). I bring two of them to gigs as
well to put on stage as my personal local stage monitoring (as on this
filmed gig http://bit.ly/c10XhH ). They deliver enough power to do a
little bass lacking gig at let's say a living room home concert.
However, two small monitors like that is not enough to get a good
sound if you create bass lines with your looping. I use an extra sub
woofer to check mixes in the studio.

I too have been looking into the Bose system but found it not optimal
for me because I like to work with stereo as a significant part of the
expression. Now, please don't get me wrong because that would sound
just gorgeous with two Bose systems set up for stereo! The catch is
that I can't see enough well paid gigs in the pipe line to justify the
investment. Yet. So I'll stick with my two Genelec's in a bag with
wheels, after all it is nice to be portable and keep a low cost
profile. If I expand my solo concerts I may rather get a traditional
small PA system with two satellites and a sub - for the low cost
stereo solution.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se