Re: power supply for fx pedals question

Louie Angulo wrote:
> Hi gang,
> would it be safe tu use something like the the fuel tank juicy lucy
> (which puts out  5X 12v dc of 300ma for each output)
>
> for the following pedals:
>
> adrenalinn (normally requires 9v dc 500ma)
> tc harmony G (normally requires 12v dc 500ma)
> tc VT create (normally requires 12v dc 500ma)
> EH micro POG (requires 9,6V DC 200 mA)

The Juicy Lucy has max output altogether of 1500mA ( 5x300mA ).
Your fx ask for a total of 1700mA.
So essentially you need something more powerful.

(although I've never heard of damage done by hooking up an
 underpowered supply)

It's a bad idea to run a 9V fx at 12V, unless you get
an ok from the manufacturer.

you also need to keep track of the polarity for each fx
center +VE
or
center -VE

andy